GCSE English Language and Literature Exam Practice Book for All Boards
- Publisher: Scholastic
- Author: Richard Durant
- Series: Scholastic GCSE Grades 9-1 Revision and Practice
- ISBN: 9781407169187
- Laburnum Code: 15497
- Book Type: Paperback
- Number of Pages: 96
- Board: All Boards
- Examination: English Language & Literature
- Specification: GCSE 9-1
- Type: Practice (includes answers)
(Please note this title is also available for AQA)
“The Scholastic resources go into far more detail than some of the other revision guides we have used and I’ve not seen any other resources that have an app linked to them. We would definitely recommend the resources to other schools. Everything you need to revise is in one place to enable students to work independently.” Dave Richardson, Deputy Head [in reference to the GCSE English Language & Literature and Mathematics revision guides and exam practice books]
Aim for the highest pass with Scholastic’s GCSE Grades 9-1 series of Practice and Revision books.
Linked to the revision guides, our exam practice books are packed with hundreds of structured GCSE exam-style questions covering the key topics for every subject. It’s not just practice, each book also includes tips, advice and regular progress checks to boost confidence and help students apply key revision strategies. Every book also includes at least one full practice paper for authentic exam preparation. Full answers are provided to help students check their progress.
Taking an active, stepped approach, our guides include popular ‘It!’ features giving students opportunities to self-test their understanding and apply their knowledge as they study.
- Do it! Active practice to help you retain key facts
- Nail it! Examiner tips to help you get better grades
- Work it! Exam questions broken down into manageable steps
“What they thought was especially clever is the resources ‘knowing’ the day of their exam, and then highlighting what they needed to do and when in the days and weeks leading up to it. That captured them there and then.” Dave Richardson, Deputy Head [Read the full case study from Brentwood County High School]
The accompanying app helps you revise on-the-go:
- Use the free, personalised digital revision planner and get stuck into the quick tests to check your understanding
- Download our free revision cards which you can save to your phone to help you revise on the go
- Implement 'active' revision techniques - giving you lots of tips and tricks to help the knowledge sink in
Other subjects covered by Scholastic’s Practice and Revision series: SPAG, English Language and Literature, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Combined Science, Geography, Maths Foundation and Maths Higher.
And introducing the new GCSE Grades 9-1 Study Guides series
- Written for the closed book AQA GCSE English Literature examination.
- Strong focus on the chronology of each text to help students really get to know their way round their set text.
- Targeted revision and practice with lots of exam-style questions throughout